Monday, June 7, 2010

Jim Rogers about 2010 and 2011.He is Shorting one major international financial institution

Jim Rogers: 2010 is almost over. I am not really thinking too much about 2010. It is 2011 that one has to worry about. I expect more currency turmoil in the future. I am shorting stocks, I have been shorting emerging markets, I have been short technology, the NASDAQ in the US because that was very very strong in the last 18 months or so, stronger than the world economies going to be. I am sure a major international financial institution that people think is very sound, I happen not to think so and I own commodities.




I hope that if the world collapses, shorts protect me on the long side and then short side and if the world starts going into even more money printing, then commodities will save me on the long side. This weekend, the G-20 finance ministers met and they said that they are going to withdraw fiscal stimulus.



The Americans did not say it but the others did. If that starts happening, you are going to see more and more economic slowdown around the world and that is why I am not optimistic about stocks but if that happens, if we do have more slowdown because the G-20 starts withdrawing stimulus, I suspect the central banks will print money because that is all they do. So I would rather be long commodities and short stocks which is what I am doing.

No comments: